Tuesday 13 September 2011

Lampless

Welcome to Postcards From Lepari! I've been playing around with this idea for over a year now, of using regularly-posted audio to further develop the city of Lepari I'm using as the setting for much of my writing, but realised last night that I was getting hung up on something obvious: quality.

To say I'm a bit of a perfectionist would be an understatement, so when I had the idea of a series of drabble-length shorts about Lepari, I got big plans. They were all going to be finely-crafted, perfect little nuggets of entertainment, some of them read by my friends and associates across the internet, and of course I was going to write at least thirty good ones - discarding any which weren't quite up to snuff - before I even started putting them on this blog.

And so this blog languished without content ever since. Until I finally realised that while I should always strive for quality, sometimes it's better to have it done than not at all. After all, this is intended as a breeding ground for ideas, as well as to flesh out this city that never was, and if I insist on perfection every time it simply won't happen.

With no further ado, please allow me to present the first of my postcards from Lepari:

Lampless - A Tale of Lepari (mp3)

No comments: